Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Scary, scary world we live in...

Since, I couldn't sleep last night and still having problems dealing with the events of yesterday...so I have decided to blog about it.

A 17 year old young man came home for lunch with his sister yesterday and after arriving they surprised some intruders in their home. The young man was shot in the head and is at the hospital in critical condition.

I didn't know him personally but I did know his sister and I had just reconnected with her a couple weeks ago. I would really like to extend my condolences to her and her family at this difficult time. I couldn't imagine what they are feeling...

I just can't understand WHY... things like this have to happen!! I may sound like a 3year old with saying WHY... WHY.. WHY?? but I have really been having a lot of problems with keeping my faith these days because of events like this. It seems that every time I turn around something BAD has happened to a Good person. I know bad things happen everywhere but with this tragedy being so close to home or that I have a daughter now I am just scared to death of EVERYTHING!! I couldn't imagine losing my child...

I have done a lot of praying and I guess that's all I can do at this point... give it to a higher power!! I may also need to start praying for myself to help me keep my faith.

Please say a prayer for this young man, his family and for all those that may be suffering through this lose or another.

All I can do is hope and pray that God watches over my family and all those around me... especially my little girl! Wow, how children can really put things into perspective. I can remember the days I thought I was invinsible...