Monday, July 23, 2012

36 weeks...

I had my doctors apt this morning but I am technically 35 weeks 4 days (36 weeks on Thursday) but measuring well into 36 + weeks. Eerything looks good (blood pressure, urine and weight) but I have been having alot of pelvic pressure so she checked me again (so not fun!) She said... "no head hanging out!" That's good! She said my cervics was starting to soften but no dilation at this point and we would check again next week. She also checked me for group B strep and sent me for blood work. I have another apt next week Tuesday, July 31st and I am really hoping for no progress because Emma and I are planning to meet Clint in Houston for a couple days because he has a training there. Also, we want to try and see my friend Maria and her twins (Ava and Mason) and my BFF Tiff, Adam and Lawson. I know it sounds crazy to head to Houston when I'm almost 37 weeks but my biggest fear has been Clint missing the birth and this way I figure if I go into labor in Houston (A) we are next door to a great hospital in the Woodlands and (B) he will be with me! My doctor may not like the idea but I want to see my husband EVERY chance I get and I am only gonna be 3 1/2 hours away so I could very well be back too! I am still going to pack the carseat and hospital bags (just in case!) Also, this is my last week at work and the first in a long time that I have worked 40 hours (because both the girls that are replacing me are both out of town this week). I am working Monday-Friday with lots of lunch apt so it should make the week go by fast (I hope!) and Clint should be home Wednesday night for dinner (that is if nothing goes wrong :( He will get to be home till Sunday and leave for training in Houston and that is where we hope to meet up with him that Wednesday night. I am REALLY ready to meet this little man and not be pregnant any longer because of this terrible pelvic pain I have been having and it seems to get worse when my doctor checks me, BOO! Not much longer and it would be super exciting if he came on Clint's bday the 16th (if not sooner). After this week maybe it won't be so hard to get out of bed because at this point I am so tired and unconfortable that I am ready to be done! I have been trying to take my mind off things by finishing Lane's room with the super cute letters my friend Adrianne made and ALL the amazing gifts we got at my work shower and family/friend shower. WE are set! Emma has been a challenge the past couple weeks but I really hoping it is just because of the age, knowing something is fixing to change her world and missing her daddy. I have had a couple meltdowns but yesterday was one of my hardest days but thanks to my mom for recognizing it because she took Emma to swim while I had a private melt down at home, collected myself, called Clint and then went with my friend Maria to lunch and a little retail therapy! It was nice to have grown up conversation and really just someone to listen to me and let me know I am not crazy or alone. "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger" and "God doesn't give us more than we can handle" (sometimes its close:) I know this is just a season so I need to remember that...